Navigation Tabs

Sunday, October 3, 2010

I get my kicks from yarn and sticks.

Dopeless Knitter; fugitive247 knitting injured, March 2010


Dopeless Knitter; diagonal cotton knit potholder



Dopeless Knitter; diagonal cotton knit kitchen towel


Huh? What's this blog about anyway?

Hello and welcome to Dopeless Knitter. Here you will discover the quirky misadventures of a recovering addict whose daily recovery relies heavily on knitting. I dislike writing in the third person, so I'll spare us both from that pretentious nonsense. After all, when we opt to distance our true selves from our passions via various methods of depersonalization, humanity takes an undeserved hit. At least that's my belief.


How long have you been doing whatever it is that you do?

I learned to crochet when I was eight, and I still occasionally enjoy it. The knitting bug bit me during my late 20s, so I bought a basic how-to book since I didn't know anyone else who knits. Recovery-wise, I've been clean for several years, but success is only earned on a daily basis -- and that day is this today, right here in the present.

Are you all perfect now, or something?

I am not, nor do I ever expect to be "perfect." I am a guru of neither addiction recovery nor knitting, nor do I ever aspire to be. I'm just a nutty type of drug-free addict whose love of knitting is leading to more wonderful people and experiences.

So, what's your end goal with all this drug-free knitting stuff?

There's really no set objective for Dopeless Knitter. It's my sincerest wish though, that it may prove worthwhile as a medium for learning, inspiration and interaction among like-minded people.

Let the life fabric we knit together become our common bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment